The Bible Has Errors
For additional Bible errors: The most egregious of all Bible errors, that I've never heard anyone discuss before, I've written about it here.
How could anyone be a literal fundamentalist Bible believer? Clearly, the Bible has errors. Most are afraid to make a critical inquiry & pretend errors don't exist because they are afraid of what they might find & what significance it would make in their lives if they were to act upon what is discovered. This writer has outlined only 5 examples of why people with integrity cannot hold to Biblical inerrancy.
Only the King James Bible is used in references!
1. Who was the father of Joseph (Maryís husband) was it Jacob or was it Heli??
(Matt. 1:16) "And Jacob begat Joseph, the husband of Mary, of whom was born Jesus."
(Luke 3:23) "Being the son of Joseph which was the son of Heli"
Note: This is a case of Matthew vs. Luke: According to the Bible Joseph had 2 fathers (Jacob & Heli) this is biologically impossible! Since Christians claim God inspired the New Testament writers, shouldn't God know the difference between the left hand and the right? Was it Matthew or Luke that wrote the wrong name down from God's inspiration?
2. How many children did Saul's daughter Michal have? Was it 5 as in (2 Sam. 21:8) or was it no children as in (2 Sam. 6:23)Ö.canít be both! A grade school kid knows the difference here, but an adult Christian doesn't!
(2 Sam. 6:23) "Michal the daughter of Saul, had no child unto the day of her death."
(2 Sam. 21:8) "The five sons of Michal the daughter of Saul
3. The God of the Bible is supposed to be omnipotent...isnít he? Omnipotence means all powerful. God cannot be all powerful if he cannot handle those with chariots of iron. Imagine what he would do today with high tech weaponry? This is the verse that did more to convince and thus to de-convert the ex-minister than any other.
(Judges 1:19) And the Lord was with Judah; and he drave out the inhabitants of the mountain; but could not drive out the inhabitants of the valley, because they had chariots of iron.
4. Isnít the historical date of a personís birth & death constant? Does Easter get a special exception? For example Thomas Jefferson died on July 4, 1826. Isnít it ironic that he died 50 years to the date of the adoption of Declaration of Independence? The date of death is FIXED.
Easterís date is determined by astrology, not a historical date! Not only do we get differing months and days for Easter, theologians, historians, and the Bible itself cannot even get an agreement on the year of birth or resurrection of Christ. Then why donít Christians celebrate the resurrection on say the first Sunday in April? They chose a fixed date for Christís birth (Dec. 25)? The dates of Easter in years past:
1992 April 19 1993 April 11 1994 April 3 1995 April 16 1996 April 7
1997 March 30 1998 April 12 1999 April 4 2000 April 23 2001 April 15
The well respected Thomas Paine had this to say about Christianity. ďThe Christian religion is a parody on the worship of the Sun, in which they put a man whom they call Christ, in the place of the Sun, and pay him the same adoration which was originally paid to the SunĒ. If you seek more information about this, read the chapter named Astro-Theology by Jordan Maxwell contained within the book The Book Your Church Doesnít Want You To Read, edited by Tim Leedom.
5. Did Christ ascend from Mt. Olivet (Acts 1:9,12) or Bethany (Lk. 24: 50-51)?
This writer could list many other Bible errors, listing just one proves that the Bible cannot be claimed to be inerrant. These 5 errors are quite convincing & cannot be refuted.
This is a refreshed version of the original
Spring of 2007 All